Resin Jewellery & Mould Making WorkshopMade By Me Workshop
Create your own wearable works of art from a mould that you will make yourself!
In this specifically tailored one of a kind workshop we will start by teaching you how to make your own silicon jewellery mould and then we will take you through the steps to create your own resin cast jewellery pieces!
You will start the workshop by selecting your shapes, we have a huge range of shapes that you can mix and match to suit your own style and tastes. Once your shapes are selected we will teach you how to successfully set up your mould, how to properly mix your silicon and then create your mould. While your mould sets, we will take you through the steps to mix, colour and cast your resin.
Once your mould is set you will remove it from its frame and then cast your resin! Your mould is yours to keep, you can use it cast many more jewellery pieces at home - presents sorted for the foreseeable future!
What you will learn:
- What silicon is and how to properly mix it and make a mould,
- What resin is and how to safely work with it,
- How to properly mix your resin,
- How to add different pigments, powders and glitters to colour your resin,
- How to mould resin using your silicon moulds,
- How to de-mould, sand, polish and finish your pieces using various earring findings.
What you will get:
- Enough silicon to create your resin mould
- Enough resin to create your jewellery pieces,
- A huge choice of pigments, powders and glitters to colour your resin,
- Various grades of sand paper that you can use at home to finish your pieces
- A selection of earring findings to connect your components as well as posts and other pieces so you can wear your creations home.
At the end of this workshop you should understand the basic principles of working with silicon to make moulds and resin so that you can continue to create your own jewellery and homewares at home.
Made by Me Workshop
100A May Street St Peters NSW 2044
We believe craft is as much about creativity as it is about connection, in our workshops you have the opportunity to meet new friends, share a few stories, laugh with each other and simply enjoy some time out for yourself.
Class sizes are always kept small so that participants will enjoy hands on assistance while you learn and create.