Resin Jewellery & Mould Making WorkshopMade By Me Workshop
Create your own wearable works of art from a mould that you will make yourself!
In this specifically tailored one of a kind workshop we will start by teaching you how to make your own silicon jewellery mould and then we will take you through the steps to create your own resin cast jewellery pieces!
You will start the workshop by selecting your shapes, we have a huge range of shapes that you can mix and match to suit your own style and tastes. Once your shapes are selected we will teach you how to successfully set up your mould, how to properly mix your silicon and then create your mould. While your mould sets, we will take you through the steps to mix, colour and cast your resin. We will finish the day by removing your mould from its frame and then cast your resin! Your mould is yours to keep, assuming you take care of it you can use it cast many more jewellery pieces at home - presents sorted for the foreseeable future!
The Lifestyle Edit 249-271 Princes Highway St Peters 2044 (Upstairs to the left)
What you will learn:
- What silicon is and how to properly mix it and make a mould,
- What resin is and how to safely work with it,
- How to properly mix your resin,
- How to add different pigments, powders and glitters to colour your resin,
- How to mould resin using your silicon moulds,
- How to de-mould, sand, polish and finish your pieces using various earring findings.
What you will get:
- Enough silicon to create your resin mould
- Enough resin to create your jewellery pieces,
- A huge choice of pigments, powders and glitters to colour your resin,
- A finishing kit with various grades of sand paper that you can use at home to finish your pieces
- A selection of earring findings to connect your components as well as posts and other pieces so you can wear your creations home.
At the end of this workshop you should understand the basic principles of working with silicon to make moulds and resin so that you can continue to create your own jewellery and homewares at home.
We believe craft is as much about creativity as it is about connection, in our workshops you have the opportunity to meet new friends, share a few stories, laugh with each other and simply enjoy some time out for yourself.
Class sizes are always kept small so that participants will enjoy hands on assistance while you learn and create.
COVID19 Safety Plan: The health and safety of all our participants as well as our own team are a key priority especially as we navigate our way out of the recent COVID19 restrictions. We have completed a COVID safety plan and registered with the NSW Government as a COVID safe business. For your assurance, below are the key steps we will be taking to ensure your health & safety:
- All participants will be asked to sanitise their hands on arrival to the studio.
- There will be a maximum of 10 participants in each workshop
- All participants must check into the venue upon arrival using the NSW Services app for contact tracing should the need arise.
- We begin each workshop with a demonstration which usually means gathering in close proximity to other participants - we will need to work with each group to manage social distance throughout the demonstration, we are confident this can be managed with everyone’s cooperation.
Cancellation Policy: no refunds for classes but you are welcome to send someone else in your place if you can't make it on the day. If you forget to attend or can not attend on the day, your booking is not transferrable after the event.