Resin Ocean Art WorkshopMade By Me Workshop
Create your own little piece of serenity to hang on your wall in this hands on workshop. Check your control freak at the door and surrender yourself to the free form medium of epoxy resin. In this workshop we’ll teach you all the tips and techniques you need to create your own one of a kind resin ocean or beach art.
What you get: 50cm round artboard, enough resin, pigments and powders to mix your colours and create your artwork. No previous experience or skills required. All that you need is an open mind and a sense of adventure.
What you will learn:
- What resin is & how to safely work with it,
- What surfaces are suitable for resin application,
- How to properly mix your resin,
- How to add different pigments to colour your resin and
- The techniques used to create cells and lacing effects that replicate the white wash of the ocean lapping on a beach.
We will have some shells on hand to add to your artwork but feel free to bring along any you may have at home and want to incorporate into your ocean scene.
It can get a bit messy so don't dress to impress, we will supply aprons to use in the workshop. Your artwork will need 24 hours to dry, you will need to collect your pieces the following day. Postage can be arranged for an additional charge.
We believe craft is as much about creativity as it is about connection, in our workshops you have the opportunity to meet new friends, share a few stories, laugh with each other and simply enjoy some time out for yourself.
Venue: Studio 5.02b / 75 Mary Street, St Peters, 2044
COVID19 Safety Plan: The health and safety of all our participants as well as our own team are a key priority especially as we navigate our way out of the recent COVID19 restrictions. We have completed a COVID safety plan and registered with the NSW Government as a COVID safe business. For your assurance, below are the key steps we will be taking to ensure your health & safety:
- If you are feeling unwell on the day please contact us to reschedule your workshop.
- All participants will be asked to sanitise their hands on arrival to the studio.
- All participants will be asked to wear a mask while in the studio - we provide P2 masks for all our resin workshops and will have disposable masks available for our other workshops.
- There will be a maximum of 10 participants in each workshop with social distancing measures in place.
- Participants won't be allowed entry into the studio until the commencement of the workshop - we ask participants to be responsible for maintaining social distance if they are waiting outside of the studio.
- All participants must check into the venue upon arrival using the NSW Services app for contact tracing should the need arise.
- The kitchen area will not be accessible, the studio space is sublet, we can not guarantee the health and safety of our participants or those who work in the space on weekdays if we have an open kitchen. We encourage you to bring your own hot drinks and water with you to the workshop. We will have some snacks available but can’t guarantee the effects on your waistline.
- The bathrooms are managed by Precinct 75, we understand that they are cleaned regularly but to be safe we will provide disinfectant wipes for your convenience.
- We begin each workshop with a demonstration which usually means gathering in close proximity to other participants - we will need to work with each group to manage social distance throughout the demonstration, we are confident this can be managed with everyone’s cooperation.
This class is not recommended for pregnant women or children under the age of 16 years as chemicals are used.
Cancellation Policy: no refunds for classes but you are welcome to send someone else in your place if you can't make it on the day.