Resin Serving Board WorkshopMade By Me Workshop
Turn your next cheese platter into a masterpiece with your very own resin enhanced serving board. We’ll give you the tools and techniques to turn your creativity into a beautiful object you’ll be proud to show off at your next dinner party!
What you get: 2 wooden serving boards (as pictured or similar), enough resin, pigments and powders to mix your colours and create your own serving boards.
What you will learn:
- What resin is & how to safely work with it,
- How to set up and tape your serving boards,
- How to properly mix your resin,
- How to add different pigments to colour your resin and
- The techniques and steps you need to take to decorate your boards.
During this challenging time we will be limiting our colour selection to 5 colour palettes for each class, this is to avoid close gathering during the colour selection process. If you have something in mind, please let us know ahead your workshop and we will happily work with you if none of the options fit your vision - we want to ensure you have a great experience while keeping everyone safe & healthy so we will do everything we can to assist with colours before the workshop.
It can get a bit messy so don't dress to impress. Your boards will need 24 hours to dry, you will need to collect your pieces the following day. Postage can be arranged for an additional charge.
We believe craft is as much about creativity as it is about connection, in our workshops you have the opportunity to meet new friends, share a few stories, laugh with each other and simply enjoy some time out for yourself.
Venue: Studio 5.02b / 75 Mary Street, St Peters, 2044
COVID19 Safety Plan: The health and safety of all our participants as well as our own team are a key priority especially as we navigate our way out of the recent COVID19 restrictions. We have completed a COVID safety plan and registered with the NSW Government as a COVID safe business. For your assurance, below are the key steps we will be taking to ensure your health & safety:
- If you are feeling unwell on the day please contact us to reschedule your workshop.
- All surfaces used in the workshop will be cleaned with disinfectant before and after each workshop.
- All participants will be asked to sanitise their hands on arrival to the studio.
- All participants will be asked to wear a mask while in the studio - we provide P2 masks for all our resin workshops and will have disposable masks available for our other workshops
- There will be a maximum of 10 participants in each workshop with social distancing measures in place.
- Participants won't be allowed entry into the studio until the commencement of the workshop - we ask participants to be responsible for maintaining social distance if they are waiting outside of the studio.
- All participants must check into the venue upon arrival using the NSW Services app for contact tracing should the need arise.
- The kitchen area will not be accessible - usually we encourage participants to help themselves to tea & coffee and we love providing a grazing plate to keep you going. Since the studio space is sublet, we can not guarantee the health and safety of our participants or those who work in the space on weekdays if we have an open kitchen. We encourage you to bring your own hot drinks and water with you to the workshop - Sample Coffee is an excellent coffee shop located on Mary Street just a few doors down from the driveway entry. We will have some small snacks available but can’t guarantee the effects on your waistline.
- The bathrooms are managed by Precinct 75, We understand that they are cleaning every few hours but to be safe we will provide disinfectant wipes for your convenience. We will also ensure we have hand soap and paper towels on hand should their supply be insufficient.
- We begin each workshop with a demonstration which usually means gathering in close proximity to other participants - we will need to work with each group to manage social distance throughout the demonstration, we are confident this can be managed with everyone’s cooperation.
This class is not recommended for pregnant women or children under the age of 16 years as chemicals are used.
Please note that the style of boards may differ from those pictured depending on availability of supply.
Cancellation Policy: no refunds for classes but you are welcome to send someone else in your place if you can't make it on the day.