Introduction to Punch Needle Shapes Craft Kit & Live WorkshopMade By Me Workshop
Create texture and 3D shapes in the fun and easy to learn craft that is punch needle! Wether you have already tried punch needle or you're new to this craft, this workshop is for you - we will teach you the techniques & tricks to get you started or up skill you so you can take your craft to the next level.
How it works:
Book your Punch Needle Kit and Workshop time
- We'll deliver a Made By Me Box to you - this is a physical craft box containing the materials you'll need. Your Box should arrive within 2 to 4 business days for metro areas and a few days longer for regional or WA - please allow time for your kit to arrive when selecting your live workshop date. We deliver nationwide (let us know if you're interested in international shipping - we can arrange this as well).
- Enjoy the online class. You'll receive a link to a Zoom meeting. On the day of the class, use that link to join the class. Class sizes are kept small, so you can easily ask questions and get immediate responses. Zoom is free and easy to use, on any device - smartphone, tablet or laptop. You're in control of your privacy - you can mute yourself and hide your webcam if and when you prefer.
What you'll learn:
Rebecca, our Chief Crafting Officer, will cover the basic techniques of punch needle embroidery as well as teaching you how to create texture or "sculpt" your pile to create shapes and texture in your piece.
Your kit will some with a few different designs that Rebecca has created specifically for this class that are ideally suited to creating shapes. Via Zoom Rebecca will take you through your materials and teach you how to stretch fabric onto a hoop, transfer a design to your fabric and how to use a punch needle to complete your chosen design.
If you can't join us for the live stream, don't worry we will record the live-streamed class and share it with everyone who signs up.
What you'll get in your craft box:
- Amy Oxford #10 Regular Punch Needle the best Punch Needles available today, they are handcrafted from maple wood and stainless steel and come with a lifetime guarantee valued at $60.00 - they will be a lovely addition to any crafter's tool kit
- 7" Morgan Non-Slip Embroidery Hoop these have a unique patented feature, a tongue and groove configuration which holds your fabric securely. No-slip means no-slip, there is no movement of your works until it is removed from the ring - valued at $25.00
- Monk's Cloth this 100 percent cotton high quality and very durable fabric is the most popular backing for punch needle
- Woollen Yarn a choice of 3 different sets of coloured Australian woollen yarns that you will need to complete your design
- A design template
What you'll need at home:
- Scissors for cutting paper
- Embroidery or fabric scissors for cutting yarn
- Pen or marker to transfer the design onto the fabric
- Sticky tape
This is a great activity for adults and kids aged 15 years and up. An adult must be present with kids for live workshops.
Cancellation Policy: no refunds for classes but we will send a recording of the live session to everyone who has purchased the kit