Introduction to Punch Needle Shapes WorkshopMade By Me Workshop
Create texture and 3D shapes in the fun and easy to learn craft that is punch needle! Wether you have already tried punch needle or you're new to this craft, this workshop is for you - we will teach you the techniques & tricks to get you started or up skill you so you can take your craft to the next level.
What you'll learn:
Rebecca, our Chief Crafting Officer, will cover the basic techniques of punch needle embroidery as well as teaching you how to create texture or "sculpt" your pile to create shapes and texture in your piece.
You can choose from a few different designs that Rebecca has created specifically for this class that are ideally suited to creating shapes. Rebecca will teach you how to stretch fabric onto a hoop, transfer a design to your fabric and how to correctly use a punch needle to complete your chosen design.
No experience is necessary for the class, as this technique is easy to learn and you can decide how adventurous you want to be with the techniques you will learn.
What you'll get:
We will supply everything you will need to create your piece. Rebecca is as passionate about quality as she is about craft and chooses to use only the best quality tools and supplies for the crafts she teaches, the tools supplied to you in this workshop are as beautiful to look at as they are to use:
- Amy Oxford #10 Regular Punch Needle the best Punch Needles available today, they are handcrafted from maple wood and stainless steel and come with a lifetime guarantee valued at $60.00 - they will be a lovely addition to any crafter's tool kit
- 7" Morgan Non-Slip Embroidery Hoop these have a unique patented feature, a tongue and groove configuration which holds your fabric securely. No-slip means no-slip, there is no movement of your works until it is removed from the ring - valued at $25.00
- Monk's Cloth this 100% cotton high quality and very durable fabric is the most popular backing for punch needle
- 100% Australian Wool Yarn in all the colours you will need to complete your chosen design.
- A design template A choice of the three designs pictured.
Cancellation Policy: no refunds for classes but we will reschedule with up to 1 week's notice. If you can't make the class on the day please consider sending someone in your place as we do not issue refunds.