Punch Needle & Tapas Workshop at The TramshedsMade By Me Workshop
Join us for a fun and creative night at The Tramsheds. Learn the art of Punch Needle and create your own fibre artwork while you also enjoy a glass of wine and Tapas from Bodega 1904.
Punch needle brings together the best of embroidery and rug hooking in a fun and efficient way. Absolutely no experience is necessary, this technique is easy to learn and quicker to finish than embroidery - many people have likened it to painting with yarn.
What you will learn:
- How to stretch fabric onto a hoop,
- How to transfer a design to your fabric,
- How to thread & how to use a punch needle to complete your chosen design.
We will have a selection of designs and corresponding yarns for you to choose from so that you will walk away with a crafty creation that you are proud to say is "made by me"
Time: 6pm - 9pm
Venue: Artisan Lane, The Tramsheds
1 Dalgal Way, Forrest Lodge
What you get: Yours to keep is #10 Regular Oxford Punch Needle, a Morgan 7" non-slip embroidery hoop, a piece of Monks cloth that you will use to create your punch needle masterpiece and all the wool you need to complete your piece.
Bodega 1904 will serve you a glass of wine and Tapas. Participants will be able to purchase additional drinks and menu items from Bodega 1904 throughout the workshop.
Amy Oxford Punch Needles are without a doubt the best Punch Needles available today, they are hand crafted from maple wood and stainless steel and come with a lifetime guarantee valued at $50.00 they will be a lovely addition to any crafter's tool kit.
Morgan No-Slip Embroidery Hoops have a unique patented feature, a tongue and groove configuration which holds your fabric securely. No-slip means no-slip, there is no movement of your works until it is removed from the ring - valued at $20.00.
We believe craft is as much about creativity as it is about connection, in our workshops you have the opportunity to meet new friends, share a few stories, laugh with each other and simply enjoy some time out for yourself.
COVID19 Safety Plan: The health
and safety of all our participants as well as our own team are a key priority especially as we navigate our way out of the recent COVID19 restrictions. We have completed a COVID safety plan and registered with the NSW Government as a COVID safe business.
For your assurance, below are the key steps we will be taking to ensure your health & safety:
- If you are feeling unwell on the day please contact us to reschedule your workshop
- All surfaces used in the workshop will be cleaned with disinfectant before and after each workshop.
- All participants will be asked to sanitise their hands upon entry to the workshop.
- there will be a maximum of 10 participants in each workshop with social distancing measure in place.
- Participants won't be admitted to the workshop area until the commencement of the class, we ask all participants to take responsibility for maintaining social distance if waiting to be admitted into the workshop area.
- We will maintain a registration of all participants and their contact details for 28 days following the workshop, these will be stored securely and confidentially and only be used for contact tracing should the need arise.
- Throughout the workshop we will be demonstrating different techniques, we will work with each group to manage social distance and are confident that this can be managed with everyone's cooperation.
Cancellation Policy: no refunds for classes but you are welcome to send someone else in your place if you can't make it on the day.