Resin Serving Boards & Coaster Craft Kit & Live WorkshopMade By Me Workshop
Turn your next cheese platter into a masterpiece by creating your own resin trimmed serving boards and set of coasters.
How it works:
- Book your preferred Resin Art Kit and Workshop time
- We'll deliver a resin art box & your serving boards to you - you will receive 2 physical boxes containing the materials you'll need. Your boxes should arrive within 5 to 10 business days - please allow enough time when selecting live workshop date. We deliver nationwide.
- Enjoy the online class. You'll receive a link to a Zoom meeting. On the day of the class, use that link to join the class. Class sizes are kept small, so you can easily ask questions and get immediate responses. Zoom is free and easy to use, on any device - smartphone, tablet or laptop. You're in control of your privacy - you can mute yourself and hide your webcam if and when you prefer.
What you'll learn:
Join Rebecca from Made By Me Workshop for a live streaming class and learn everything you will need to know to turn your creativity into a set of beautiful objects you will be proud to show off at your next zoom drinks with your family and friends.
We will send you a resin kit with a choice of three colour sets, and another with two wooden serving boards and a pair of wooden coasters to complete your set of serving boards. You can choose one from the below colour sets:
- Ocean Views
- Green Garden
Via zoom Rebecca will take you through the contents of your resin art kit including all the precautions you will need to know when working with resin.
Rebecca will demonstrate how to set up and tape your serving boards and coasters, measure and mix your resin and how to mix your colours before taking you through the steps to decorate your boards - each kit contains four colour products.
The live streaming format will allow you to ask as many questions as you need before starting your own piece. Rebecca will remain available after the demonstration to answer questions and provide tips to participants as they complete their work.
Please note: this kit comes with one litre of resin, you will use approximately one-third of this to complete your boards and have enough to create further sets or keep it for another project. Be warned resin art is addictive and you will have no problem finding more projects to works on following this class!
If you're not in a hurry to get started, don't worry we will record the workshop and email it to everyone who signs up for the workshop, you will be able to rewatch and refer to the recording before starting your own piece.
What you'll get in your craft box:
- 2 wooden serving boards
- 2 wooden coasters
- 1 litre of Dalchem Crystal Clear you will use a third of this for your artwork and have enough to create more boards or save it for another project
- 4 colour products
- A 3.5 x 2.6mtr drop sheet
- standard and jumbo popsticks
- 10 mixing cups
- 5 pairs of gloves
What you'll need at home:
- Butane torch (these can not be shipped but you can pick one up in the tool department at Bunnings) OR
- A heat gun can also be used (also available at Bunnings)
- Baby wipes or a soft cloth and white vinegar to clean up any resin spills
- A level table large enough to accomodate the cheese boards and coaster set, a spirit level is handy to have to check this - you can download this on your phone.
- A well ventilated space to work in, ideally a temperature controlled room works best - resin doesn't perform well in extreme heat or cold, ideal working temperature 20 to 24 degree celsius
- A well positioned camera or computer focused on your artboard if you want Rebecca to see what you are working on, its a good idea to set this up before you get started so that you don't have to touch it once you start working with your resin.
- Resin can get a bit messy so don't dress to impress, if you get resin on your clothes or shoes it won't wash off.
- Your artwork will need to stay in place for 24 hours to be touch dry
This workshop is not recommended for pregnant women or young children as chemicals are used.
Cancellation Policy: no refunds for classes but we will send a recording of the live session to everyone who has purchased the kit