Andy the Alpaca Punch Needle Craft Kit & Digital WorkshopMade By Me Workshop
Looking for activities to try at home? Punch needle brings together the best of embroidery and rug hooking in a fun and efficient way. Absolutely no experience is necessary, this technique is easy to learn and quicker to finish than embroidery.
How it works:
Book your Punch Needle Kit
- We'll deliver a Made By Me Kit to you - this is a physical craft box containing the materials you'll need. Kits typically arrive within two to four business days but do take longer to reach more remote areas. We deliver nationwide (let us know if you're interested in international shipping - we can arrange this as well).
- Enjoy the online class. we'll email you a link to pre-recorded video. Start, stop, fast forward or rewind the video so that you can learn at your own pace in the comfort of your own home - you're welcome to contact us if you have any questions and we will be happy to help with trouble shooting, tips and tricks.
What you'll learn:
Rebecca from Made by Me Workshop will take you through your materials and all the steps to complete your own fluffy alpaca including;
- How to transfer the design to your pre-stretched fabric frame.
- How to thread your punch needle.
- How to use your punch needle including how to adjust it to create different length loops.
What you'll get in your craft box:
- 60-minute instructional video.
- An adjustable punch needle.
- 20cm square pre-stretched Monks cloth on a wooden frame - this 100% cotton high quality and very durable fabric is the most popular backing for punch needle.
- Australian woollen yarn in all the colours that you will need to complete your design.
- Coloured beads to create a necklace for your alpaca.
- A design template
What you'll need at home:
- Scissors for cutting paper
- Embroidery or fabric scissors for cutting yarn
- Pen or marker to transfer the design onto the fabric
- Sticky tape
This is a great activity for adults and kids aged 10 years and up.